Why Convert to POTS over LTE?
Reduce Costs – The costs of traditional landline services continue to increase.
Modernize Your Infrastructure – Providers are reducing support for this aging infrastructure as these lines become increasingly harder to maintain.
Safety and Reliability – Avoid disruption in service caused by inclement weather that is common with the use of traditional landlines.
What Are POTS Lines?
POTS lines, known as “plain old telephone service,” are the traditional landline phone services businesses use for voice, fax, elevators, alarm lines and more. They are the analog phone system that has relied on physical copper wires for service since the 1800s. In recent years, the FCC has made a decision to mandate major providers to sunset copper POTS lines by the beginning of August 2022.
Xtel’s 4G LTE Router Features
- Integrated 3G/4G-LTE modem
- LTE-FDD Bands 2/4/12/17: UMTS/HSPA+ Bands 2/5
- Hardware NAT, DHCP, security and layer 2 and 3 QoS
- 2X2 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n (300 Mbps)
- Supports VoIP FXS ports with SIP and T.38 FAX
- External antenna for LTE, internal antenna for Wi-Fi
- 1 10/100M auto-negotiation RJ45 WAN port, 4 10/100M auto-negotiation RJ45 LAN ports
- Automatic dialing, on-demand dialing, and fixed time dialing
- Built-in firewall features, IP, MAC, URL filtering which flexibly controls online access and time
- 3-way conference, call hold/forwarding/transfer/waiting
- Option 66, TFTP, HTTP, HTTPS and TR-069 for provisioning
- 1 Year Limited Product Warranty
LTE Cellular Systems: Maximum Reliability, Maximum Safety
Like POTS, cellular lines rely on a circuit switched network where dedicated lines remain open but protected from other traffic and interference. At a high level, the LTE cellular system we offer leverages an analog transition adapter (ATA) to convert the analog signals your alarms generate to digital ones. It also includes an LTE-based router with a SIM card slot and ports for connection to the internet – a handy failover mechanism – as well as a battery backup. In short, the LTE cellular system provides the performance and reliability building owners need. It’s a simple and cost-effective shift from aging POTS lines.