Careers At Xtel Communications
At Xtel, we know that hiring and retaining the right people is crucial to our success and also to the success of our customers. That’s why we focus on ensuring new hires are a seamless fit with our culture and high service standards, and that they contribute to a working environment that fosters communication, teamwork and constant learning.
Benefits of working at Xtel include:
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- 401K with company matching
- Paid vacation / sick / personal time
- Opportunities for advancement and continuing education
- Open, friendly work environment
- Breakfast every Friday!
We don’t just provide telecommunications jobs, we provide telecommunications careers.
Xtel Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
Tier 2 Network Support Engineer
Xtel is an established, industry leading telecommunications company that provides UCaaS (Hosted PBX), voice, Internet, Data, and Network Security services. We offer our channel partners and customers a wide array of services, features, and capabilities without the customer having to purchase premise based equipment.
Our environment is success driven with a team commitment to growing the business in several diverse markets. We focus on the changing trends and product developments within the telecommunications industry to keep our services fresh and relevant to our target client.
Position Overview: Xtel Communications is searching for a full-time technical engineer to join our Network Support team. This individual will be responsible for the triage of service requests, incidents, and events within the established SLAs. The ideal candidate has experience working on a Tier 2 Service Desk or Network Operations Center (NOC), and has experience with service turn up. This position reports to the Customer Support Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Review ticketing and monitoring dashboards for timely assignment of tickets
· Check, validate, and update ticket documentation (contact, ticket fields, etc.)
· Quickly and accurately prioritize incidents and promote proper Incident/Problem/Change Management
· Troubleshoot, escalate, and/or resolve tickets within defined SLAs
· Provide technical assistance for escalations to tier 2
· Leverage remote support tools to resolve support requests
· Appropriately manage expectations of clients and peers
· Identify solutions for hardware, software, and network issues
· Assist with customer service turn ups, specifically Hosted PBX and Internet circuits
· Assist with special projects as assigned
· Occasional travel for trainings may be required
· Ability to work on-call rotation required
This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, due to the customer-facing nature of the position. Those in this position should be able to communicate clearly and concisely, while maintaining a friendly and professional demeanor when dealing with customers, as well as peers and upper management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent work experience
· Intermediate knowledge of network protocols, configurations, and operations
· Exposure to help desk processes and procedures with experience with service desk management tools
Required Technical Skills:
· 2 – 4 years working with Switching/Routing and VoIP technologies
· Excellent understanding of Hosted PBX service and associated technologies
· Excellent knowledge of network protocols, configurations, and operations
· Excellent knowledge of industry routing and switching protocols (BGP, OSPF, STP, etc.)
· Excellent knowledge and understanding of VoIP Protocols: SIP, RTP, RTCP
· Experience with Cisco hardware
· Able to directly perform configuration changes and updates to switches and routers, including VLAN configurations
· The ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio) effectively
· The ability to update and create network diagrams
· Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
Desired Technical Skills:
· Experience with Metaswitch Hosted PBX platform
· Intermediate knowledge of wireless technologies
· Good understanding of call flows
· Experience with Adtran hardware
· Experience with Yealink and Polycom phones
· Knowledge of Linux Operating Systems
· Experience with Fortinet gateways
· Excellent written and verbal skills
· Able to work with “problem customers” to ensure timely resolution of service tickets
· Ability to maintain poise and professionalism under pressure
The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance for this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.