Meet Xtel at Techspo’23: Here’s All You Need to Know About This Year’s Event
Meet Xtel at Techspo’23
Techspo’23, New Jersey’s premier technology exhibition and training conference for education leaders, is set to take place this year at Harrah’s Resort in Atlantic City, New Jersey, January 25-27. For more than a decade, Xtel Communications has been attending as an exhibitor and is excited to be attending again this year while networking and enjoying the spectacular views of Atlantic City’s marina district.
The Tech-Ed Event of the Year
This long-standing conference, hosted by the New Jersey Association of School Administrators (NJASA), will be celebrating 28 years of providing the opportunity to interact with the leading New Jersey education leaders. The mission of the NJASA is to ensure a superior statewide system of education by influencing and influencing educational policy, regulations and legislation; and by maximizing the capacity and effectiveness of school leaders through professional development programs and support services.
“We are excited to be attending Techspo’23,” stated Vince McKernan, Senior Director of Sales at Xtel. “The ability to meet and visit with education leaders is a tremendous opportunity to not only showcase the benefits of Xtel’s services for education, but it’s also the perfect occasion to network and build new relationships as we work together to advance technology and make schools safe and secure from cybercrime.”
Techspo’23 has a full lineup of keynote speakers including:
- Wednesday, January 25 – Kristina Ishmael will be speaking. Ishmael currently serves as the leader of the Office of Ed Tech, executing the office mission of developing national edtech policy that enables everywhere, all-the-time learning and supports digital equity and opportunity.
- Thursday, January 26 – Laura McBain will be speaking. McBain currently serves as the Managing Director of the Stanford d.school and the co-director of the K12 Lab, focusing on how human-centered design can be used to provide equitable and innovative educational experiences that will help all students thrive in a changing world. McBain also serves as an adjunct professor at Stanford University.
- Friday, January 27 – Adam Phyall will be speaking. Dr. Phyall currently serves as the Director of Professional Learning for All4Ed’s Future Ready Schools network. Throughout his career, Dr. Phyall has worked extensively with Title I and Urban schools to improve technology integration with economically disadvantaged students and planned and developed Mobile Learning plans for school districts in Georgia and Missouri that have led to 1:1 device initiatives.
From Cybersecurity to Augmented Reality and More
The schedule is packed with extremely informative and prevalent information around today’s hottest topics, including cybersecurity and digital transformation. Some of the discussions that you don’t want to miss will revolve around the key challenges education leaders are facing and how to overcome them including:
- Solving the Mysteries of Cybersecurity
- Past, Present, Future: Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality in Education
- Securing Staff and Students from Evolving Email Threats
- Build Student Capacity Through a Technology Internship Program
- Three Practical Tips for Your Overwhelmed Data Person
- The Security of Things
- Cyber Security and Data Privacy: Trends, Risks and Best Practices
- MERGE-ing Instruction with Augmented Reality
- Surviving a Cyber-Attack: Our Experiences
- Cybersecurity at the Elementary Level
- Technology in the Kindergarten Classroom
- Essential Cybersecurity Checklist
- The Evolving Cyber Threat Landscape & Adapting to Cyber Warfare
There is also a reception and networking event in the Exhibit Hall that you don’t want to miss on Wednesday, January 25 from 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm. It will be a great time to visit with those you haven’t seen in a while and an opportunity to meet new friends!
Xtel is looking forward to visiting with education leaders at Techspo’23 and uniting to create safe and secure schools. Make sure to stop by Xtel’s booth #101 to learn more about Xtel’s customized services and solutions such as unified communications, managed security, network connectivity and voice. You can also pre-book a meeting with one of our team members HERE.
Xtel team members who will be attending Techspo’23 include:
Liz Sorino – Executive Vice President
Brian Flynn – President
Vince McKernan – Senior Director of Sales
Bill Cohen – Senior Account Manager
Julia Nye – Regional Account Manager
Donnel Treadwell – Account Development Manager
Michael Santo – Senior Business Development Manager
Rachael Doolin – Director of Partner and Customer Relations
In the meantime, check out this case study on how Xtel was able to provide the Philadelphia school district with increased capacity and significant cost savings with a custom telephone system that enabled enhanced communications.