Careers at Xtel Communications
JOB TITLE: Channel Manager
The Channel Manager is responsible for a variety of sales activities ranging from recruiting agents and partners, traditional cold calling campaigns to webinars, video conferences, social media integration, and finally managed automated marketing campaigns. This position requires the skillful ability to present to potential clients and existing customers on Xtel’s unique technology and service which makes us an ideal partner. The Channel Manager must attain or exceed quota-driven goals that produce specified revenue generation. Expectation is to create sufficient lead activity to drive toward development of funnel management system. The Channel Manager must have the ability to create and maintain relationships at both the executive and tactical levels of the Agent channel.
The Channel Manager reports directly to the Director of Channel Sales.
There are no direct reports to the position.
The Channel Manager interfaces with the following key personnel within the company, though is not limited by this list:
Service Delivery Pending Installs & MACDs
Sales Pre-Sales Questions
Network Engineering Customer Provisioning & Capacity
Customer Care Repair Escalations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Channel Manager is accountable for:
• Create and support the public and partner facing side of Xtel thru partner orientation, education and active engagement.
• Recruit and manage relationships with Partners & Agents
• Join and participate in professional associations and organizations
• Attend trade shows and conventions that cater to target verticals
• Author and administer automated marketing campaigns that drive activity to a product, vertical or partner set
• Regularly create or post to social media sites that address technology concerns affecting customers and showing how we provide solutions
• Join and participate in networking groups, such as Le Tip or Business Networking International.
• Organize, plan and execute quarterly group networking events for new partner prospects or existing partners reinforcing engagement and product education.
• Create and manage a touch-point program, components of which are:
o Cold calling efforts with dedicated in-house reserve hours designed at producing action items.
o Warm referrals from new customers designed at producing action items.
• Create, conduct and organize webinar series for existing/prospective partners, product or solutions based or driving contacts to company-wide applications.JOB REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
• HS diploma or equivalent degree – required
• Bachelor’s degree – preferred
• 2- 4 years of telecommunications channel management experience – required
• Proficient in Salesforce and Microsoft Office suite
• Knowledge of Social Media selling
• Knowledge of the following telecommunications systems – preferred:
o SIP Trunking
o WAN Solutions (MPLS, SD-WAN, IPSec VPNs)
o Data Center applications
o MSP Offerings
Service DeliverSalesNetwork Engineering